The Frank’s® RedHot® #IPTSOE Video Contest
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, PROOF OF PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER AND ENTRY TO THE CONTEST IS FREE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ABILITY TO WIN. ENTRY OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING THE STATES OF ALASKA AND HAWAII) WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM
1) CONTEST TIMING: The Frank’s® RedHot® #IPTSOE Video Contest (the “Contest”) starts May 18, 2015 at 12:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) and ends September 1, 2015 at 11:59 PM EDT (the "Contest Period"). The Contest is a skill Contest in which consumers are being asked to submit a video (hereafter “Entry”), to the Sponsor to be judged and ultimately voted on by the general public on how they put Frank’s RedHot on everything. Please refer to Contest Timetable listed below for submission schedule and voting period. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
Video Entry Submission Period
|12:01 AM EDT on 5/18/15||11:59 PM EDT on 9/1/15|
|Judges score entries based on criteria and public voting to determine top 25 video entries||5/18/15||9/14/15|
Public Voting Period – Public will vote for the Grand Prize Winner among the top 25 videos determined in Round One
|12:01 AM EDT on 9/15/15||11:59 PM EDT on 10/31/15|
|Potential Grand Prize Winner will be the entrant who received the most public votes for his/her video in Round Two|
|Contest Winner Notification and Clearance||On or about: 11/9/15|
|Confirmed Winner Announced||On or about: 11/17/15|
2) ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is offered and open only to persons legally residing in the contiguous 48 United States or the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on the date of entry in this Contest. Officers, directors and employees of The French’s® Food Company LLC, (“Sponsor”), ADROC Productions, Inc., (“Administrator”) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, IRS dependent and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. This Contest is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else prohibited by law. U.S. law governs this Contest.
3) HOW TO ENTER: There are four (4) methods of entry:
Online Microsite Method: You can submit your video Entry through the Contest website at: https://www.franksredhot.com. To enter, you must complete and submit the following required information on the entry form as instructed: full name, email address, and creation of a password. (b) agree to the Official Rules, Age Verification and (c) submit the video entry. Entrants must indicate that they have read, accept, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules including that they are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Instagram Method: Instagram users may enter during the Entry Period by submitting their video with hashtag #iptsoe #contest. All terms and conditions of Instagram.com apply. Instagram is not a sponsor of this Contest. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same mobile phone or Instagram account. In order for the entry to be valid, Instagram profile must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. Posting a video on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore you may be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent and received from your mobile device according to the terms and conditions in your Customer Agreement with Mobile Carrier. If not a member, an entrant may set up an Instagram account by visiting www.instagram.com. An Instagram account is free of charge.
No purchase, entry fee, payment, or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate. There is a limit of one (1) entry per day per entrant regardless of entry method used to enter, but each Entry must contain a completely unique video and abide by these Official Rules to be eligible. Proof of transmission (such as a “confirming” message) of the Contest entry does not constitute proof of submission/delivery. No one under the age of thirteen (13) will be allowed to have their name/likeness/image mentioned in a video Entry without having their parent submit a notarized permission form. All eligible entries must be submitted according to these Official Rules no later than 11:59 PM EDT on September 1, 2015, as noted on the Contest Timetable. An entry will not be considered complete if the entrant’s video has not completed uploading by the deadline noted above, even if the entrant initiated the upload before that time. By entering or otherwise participating in the Contest, all entrants, public voters and other participants agree to abide by these Official Rules, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this contest. Each entry registration submitted must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or Contest service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
Any individual who attempts to enter, or in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of submitting entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, will be disqualified from participation in this Contest. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Contest Period. Proof of accessing the Frank’s RedHot Contest entry pages via Facebook, Online at the microsite, Twitter or Instagram does not constitute proof of delivery to serve as a Contest entry. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic or by any other automatic or mechanical means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant.
Public Voting: Go to: https://www.iptsoe.com/ to view the videos and submit your vote. Persons from the general public who vote in Round One are encouraged to use the Judging Criteria to evaluate each submission. A Public Voter can vote for more than one entrant’s video on the same day. Subsequent votes in excess of stated maximum by a single person will be disqualified. Entrants may not vote for themselves. All online voting will be under the supervision of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Any Entrant found to be encouraging fraudulent voting will be disqualified. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits contest Website visitors to vote repeatedly is prohibited and all votes cast by such automated means will be disqualified. Employees, officers, directors, and immediate family members of the Sponsor and its respective parent company, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, including but not limited to ADROC Productions South, Inc., legal and financial advisors, and any and all other companies associated with this contest (collectively referred to as the “contest entities”) are not eligible to participate in the Public Voting Period. No person may vote by proxy for any other person. Neither you nor anyone acting on your behalf may offer consideration, services, or anything of value in an attempt to further your position in the Contest.
4) JUDGING ENTRIES AND WINNER NOTIFICATIONS. At the end of the video submission entry period, as noted above, the Judging Panel will judge and score each Eligible Submission based on the following weighted judging criteria (adding up to 100%) to determine the top 25 videos to be voted on by the general public in Round Two:
Reflecting the Frank’s® RedHot® Brand Image – 50%
Creativity – 30%
Public Voting - 20%.
In the case of a tie among two or more contestants, receiving the same number of votes from public voting in Round Two an additional “tie-breaking” judge will score the entries in question based on all three criteria noted above with the highest total score to break the tie and determine the Grand Prize Winner.
Video can be submitted in color or black & white and must be in one of the following file formats: VI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2; must be 15 – 30 seconds long and must not exceed 300 MB in size. If video is longer than 30 seconds, Sponsor will score the video based only on the first 30 seconds.
Entries must comply with the following content guidelines to be eligible:
By entering this Contest, each entrant represents that the Entry submitted (consisting of the video) is the original work of entrant and that you have all necessary rights to grant a license to the Sponsor to publish and re-use your video (even if other persons are visible in the video) for any purpose without compensation and that you hereby grant such license together with the right to use your name and the name of any other persons in your Entry. Any other persons observed in the Entry may be required to validate their permission of using their own name/image/likeness by submitting a notarized publicity release before that Entry is considered eligible, at Sponsor’s discretion and hereby agree that they will be bound by all releases and consents and covenants contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and/or not to post on the Website any video that Sponsor determines does not or may not comply with the foregoing requirements. Without limitation of the foregoing, if a video prominently (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) depicts or refers to any brand or trademark other than Frank’s RedHot, Sponsor will have the right in its sole discretion to remove or blur such brand or trademark. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for disputes between persons claiming authorship of the Entry. Entrant agrees to the use of their Entry by Sponsor in any way Sponsor deems appropriate, including any and all media, and that such individuals will sign all necessary documents granting Sponsor these rights if required by Sponsor. Entries must be suitable for distribution in a public forum (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and may not reflect negatively on the Sponsor or its products. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification at Sponsor's sole discretion. No correspondence regarding Entries will be entered into with entrants. Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have submitted videos with ideas and concepts contained in their Entry that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her Entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Contest Entities because of these familiarities or similarities. Winner will be required, as a condition of being awarded a prize, to grant the Sponsor the right to use their name, video entry, image, likeness, voice, comments, prize information and biographical information, (collectively, the “Attributes“) as well as exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright and any other rights entrant has in the winning entry, for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Entries received that are illegible, incomplete, or are not submitted by one of the entry methods outlined above will be disqualified. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will not be eligible.
There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner determined, as noted above on the Contest Timetable. The judging process will be conducted under the supervision of ADROC Productions South, Inc, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential Winner is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential Winner via email/phone number provided at time of entry, on or about the date listed above in the Contest Timetable. The potential Grand Prize Winner will also be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where applicable) along with the IRS Form W-9 within 7 days following the date of issuance of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner who is the entrant who received the next highest amount of public votes. As required by law for all prizes over $600, Grand Prize Winner will be required to furnish his/her social security number that will be used only for the purpose of reporting the Winner’s prize earnings to the Internal Revenue Service, as required by law. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation unless prohibited by law. Failure to complete and return the documents in the time noted or if prize notification is undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate winner will be selected and notified. Upon disqualification, no compensation will be awarded. If a potential winner is a minor under the law of his/her jurisdiction of residence (residents of Alabama and Nebraska must be 19 years of age or older and residents of Mississippi must be at least 21) at the time of entry, his or her respective parent or guardian may be required to execute an Affidavit acknowledging, confirming and consenting to the Liability Release and where legal, a Publicity Consent document as well as being responsible for all financial obligations, as noted below, in order to accept the prize on behalf of the winner. If parent or guardian is unavailable to execute this document, the winner will not receive the prize.
By submitting a video, the submitting entrant agrees to comply with the following restrictions with respect to his or her video:
All Entrants: Each entrant must not, until after March 1, 2016, (i) authorize or permit the use of the video or any component or adaptation thereof in connection with the advertising, marketing or promotion of any brand of hot sauce other than that of Frank’s RedHot or (ii) make any arrangement for the distribution or public exhibition of the video that would involve any payment to the entrant.
5) PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded: $25,000 to be awarded in the form of a check made payable to winner and the opportunity to appear in one of the commercials with Ethel, the Frank’s® RedHot® advertising spokesperson.
Prize will be awarded “as is” without any warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind, expressed or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
By accepting the Prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery of prize. Becoming a Prize Winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Due to any unforeseen circumstances, Sponsor may choose at their discretion not to feature the Grand Prize Winner in a television commercial. If Sponsor is unable to feature the winner in its television commercial, or if the commercial is produced but does not air for any reason, Sponsor may decide to instead plan to feature the winner in other media, at their sole discretion. If the Grand Prize Winner does appear in a television commercial or in any other media, the winner will not be entitled to receive any salary, compensation, reimbursement for travel expenses, payment or royalties of any kind as a result of being in such advertisement. If winner cannot attend the making of the advertisement, that part of the prize will be forfeited and no compensation or substitution will be provided.
6) PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and substitution will not be allowed, except as expressly provided in these Official Rules or otherwise at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize with one of equal or greater approximate value or comparable use should the advertised Prize become unavailable for any reason (except as already clarified herein). Winner will be responsible for all taxes, income taxes and/or sales taxes (federal, state and local) and all other expenses not specifically mentioned here related to acceptance and use of the Prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their Prize, after it has been delivered. A 1099 Miscellaneous Tax Form will be issued to the winner for the value of the Prize for the tax year it was delivered. Federal, state, and local taxes, and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the Prize not otherwise specified herein, is the responsibility of the Prize Winner. The personal data collected may also be used to do a background check to confirm identity, to verify eligibility to participate and to receive the Grand Prize, and to ensure there is no previous criminal history. Winner must be documented as a suitable participant for any type of alliance or marketing campaign with Sponsor. Based on the results of the background check, if Sponsor has any reason to believe that it would not be in their best interest to be associated with the Winner and/or their company, the Entrant would be disqualified and Grand Prize would be awarded to the entrant receiving the next highest amount of public votes received in Round Two noted in the contest Timetable, at Sponsor’s discretion. If it is determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, that none of the top 25 video entries from Round Two are deemed worthy of winning the Grand Prize, the prize will not be awarded.
7) CONDUCT: This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are accessible from www.franksredhot.com, during the Contest Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT OR ANY OTHER PROVISION.
8) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities, assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or any combination thereof, or; (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person's electronic device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download any materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, and award the prize to the highest scoring entry judged among all non-suspect eligible entries received (or award the prize to the Contestant receiving the most public votes, as appropriate) as of the termination date. The Sponsor will not be responsible for acts of God, dangerous weather conditions, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control (each a “Force Majeure” event) that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Contest.
9) ENTRANT RELEASES: All entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Promotion Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, distributors, suppliers, printers, application developers, distributors and websites, advertising, promotional or judging agencies, from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Contest page; submitting a video/entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest; the receipt, ownership, use, misuse or non-use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or any human, typographical or other inadvertent error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any prize. Except for residents of Tennessee and where prohibited by law, the Winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, post, display, modify, edit, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known and without limitation the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, video entry, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any Contest-related materials, and terms and conditions stated in the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
10) NAME OF THE WINNER: You may request the Winner’s’ name by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 1/16/16 to: Frank’s RedHot Video Contest Winner c/o ADROC Productions, Inc., 1442 W Willow Street Chicago, IL 60642.
11) DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for New Jersey or the appropriate New Jersey State Court; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey.
12) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: The French’s Food Company LLC, 399 Interpace Parkway, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054.
Administrator: ADROC Productions, Inc., 1442 W Willow Street Chicago, IL 60642.
12) OFFICIAL RULES: The Official Rules will be available at: www.franksredhot.com throughout the Contest Period.